What does BARR mean in Unclassified?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand BARR in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Unclassified terminology in particular.
Find a translation for BARR in other languages:
Select another language:
What does BARR mean?
- Barr is the name of a Civil parish and a picturesque village in the South West of Ayrshire, Scotland, located approximately 8 miles from the town of Girvan. There are various opinions as to the origins of the name. The most likely are either Gaelic meaning 'a meeting of water' or Brythonic meaning 'round'. It is believed to have been established in the 17th century by smugglers who needed a safe place close to the secluded bays of the Ayrshire coast while having access to the Raiders Road which runs close by. Barr has not changed much since that time. Currently Barr Village has a population of approximately 110, while the total for the Parish of Barr is in the region of 260.
Discuss this BARR abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
BARR also stands for:
- Barringer Technology, Inc.
- Bay Area Rum Runners
- Block Aircraft Registration Request
- British Association Of Road Races
- Building Assets Reducing Risks
... see them all »