What does ATOC mean in Professional Organizations?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ATOC in the Business field in general and in the Professional Organizations terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ATOC in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ATOC mean?
- Atoc was a general and brother of the Inca emperor Huáscar. After the death of Huáscar's father, Huayna Capac, Atoc was sent north to quell the separatists under Huáscars half-brother Atahualpa. Atahualpa was defeated in the battle of Chillopampa Plains and captured, but managed to escape and set up a new army. Another battle was fought at Chimborazo, and this time Atahualpa emerged as victor. His general Chalkuchimac reportedly had Atoc mutilated and killed, either by having his head being put to use as a goldened chicha cup or his eyes being torn out and left alone on the field of defeat. His and his co-general Hango's hides were allegedly carved off and used as drums. Shortly after, Atahualpa recaptured Tumebamba and Cajamarca and, in April of the following year, Atahualpa's generals seized Cuzco.
Discuss this ATOC abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ATOC also stands for:
- Acoustic Thermography of Ocean Climate
- Aerosals Tetrachloride Options Committee
- Ageacoustic Thermometry Of Ocean Climate
- Air Defense/ TMD ( Theater Missile Defense) Operation Center
- Air Tactical Operations Center
... and 4 more »