What does HIPO mean in Community?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand HIPO in the field in general and in the Community terminology in particular.
Home Improvement Project Opportunities
Find a translation for HIPO in other languages:
Select another language:
What does HIPO mean?
- HIPO for hierarchical input process output is a "popular 1970s systems analysis design aid and documentation technique" for representing the modules of a system as a hierarchy and for documenting each module. It was used to develop requirements, construct the design, and support implementation of an expert system to demonstrate automated rendezvous. Verification was then conducted systematically because of the method of design and implementation. The overall design of the system is documented using HIPO charts or structure charts. The structure chart is similar in appearance to an organizational chart, but has been modified to show additional detail. Structure charts can be used to display several types of information, but are used most commonly to diagram either data structures or code structures.
Discuss this HIPO abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
HIPO also stands for:
- Hessische Intellectual Property Offensive
- Hierarchical Input Process Output
- Hierarchical Input/Process Output
- Hierarchy Input Process Output
- Hierarchy of Input, Processing and Output
... and 4 more »