What does SUTA mean in Colleges & Universities?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand SUTA in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Colleges & Universities terminology in particular.
Find a translation for SUTA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does SUTA mean?
- Sūta refers both to the bards of Puranic stories and to a mixed caste. According to Manu Smriti the sūta caste are children of a Kshatriya father and Brahmin mother. The narrator of the several of the Puranas, Ugrasrava Sauti, son of Lomaharshana, was also called Sūta. Authorities are divided on whether the bards were members of the sūta caste. Ludo Rocher points out that the use of sūta as a caste may have been separate from the earlier use of sūta to describe Lomaharshana and his son Ugrasrava Sauti. R. N. Dandekar states that the sūta caste is different from the narrator of the Puranas. Sūta is also mentioned as a class of people in the epic Mahābhārata, often charioteers. The foster-parents of Karna, a great hero of Kurukshetra War, were Sūtas. Hence Karna too was considered as a Sūta. Kichaka the commander of Matsya army was a Sūta. The two main occupation of Sūtas as per epic Mahābhārata were: ⁕story telling ⁕chariot-driving
Discuss this SUTA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
SUTA also stands for:
- Sharif University of Technology Association
- Split Unit Training Assembly
- State Unemployment Tax Act
- State Unemployment Tax Acts
- State Unemployment Tax Authority
... and 4 more »