UMMC is an abbreviation for:
Find a translation for UMMC in other languages:
Select another language:
What does UMMC mean?
- UMMC is the academic medical center of the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) and the only academic health-science center in the state. The Medical Center is located in Jackson, the state capital, about 165 miles from the Ole Miss campus in Oxford.UMMC encompasses six health-science schools: medicine, nursing, dentistry, health related professions, graduate studies and pharmacy. (The School of Pharmacy is headquartered on the Oxford campus.) Four hospitals serve the population of Mississippi and beyond: University Hospital, Conerly Critical Care Hospital, Batson Children’s Hospital and Wiser Hospital for Women and Infants. UMMC is actively expanding its major research efforts in cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity and psychological disorders with the goals of better understanding, preventing, diagnosing and curing the diseases affecting humanity.UMMC is a major economic generator for Mississippi. It employs 8,500 people, educates high-earning-potential students, is a hub of biomedical research and provides both basic and specialized health care services. The Medical Center generates $216 million in total tax revenues each year, about $70 million more than it receives in state dollars to train Mississippi’s future health-care professionals.
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
UMMC also stands for:
- Union Mosaic and Marble Company
- University Malaya Medical Centre
- University of Maryland Medical School
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- University of Miami Medical Center
... and 2 more »