What does AIF mean in Human Genome?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand AIF in the Medical field in general and in the Human Genome terminology in particular.
Find a translation for AIF in other languages:
Select another language:
What does AIF mean?
- Apoptosis Inducing Factor
- A flavoprotein that functions as a powerful antioxidant in the MITOCHONDRIA and promotes APOPTOSIS when released from the mitochondria. In mammalian cells AIF is released in response to pro-apoptotic protein members of the bcl-2 protein family. It translocates to the CELL NUCLEUS and binds DNA to stimulate CASPASE-independent CHROMATIN condensation.
Discuss this AIF abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
AIF also stands for:
- Academic International Fellowships
- Acceptance Insurance Companies, Inc.
- Accredited Investment
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- ACORD Implementation Forum
... and 47 more »