What does FASB mean in Professional Organizations?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand FASB in the Business field in general and in the Professional Organizations terminology in particular.
Find a translation for FASB in other languages:
Select another language:
What does FASB mean?
- Financial Accounting Standards Board
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board is a private, not-for-profit organization whose primary purpose is to develop generally accepted accounting principles within the United States in the public's interest. The Securities and Exchange Commission designated the FASB as the organization responsible for setting accounting standards for public companies in the U.S. It was created in 1973, replacing the Committee on Accounting Procedure and the Accounting Principles Board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Discuss this FASB abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
FASB also stands for:
- A Financial Accountants State Board
- A Financial Accounting Statements Bureau
- Factory Authorized Service Center
- Springbok, South Africa
... see them all »