What does OWLS mean in Non-Profit Organizations?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand OWLS in the Community field in general and in the Non-Profit Organizations terminology in particular.
Find a translation for OWLS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does OWLS mean?
- Owls is an emo indie rock band from Chicago, Illinois, active from 2001-2002, and now again in 2012. The band is composed of the original lineup of seminal experimental emo indie band Cap'n Jazz soon after its second breakup; Cap'n Jazz guitarist Davey von Bohlen, who played in the band's second incarnation, had gone on to found influential emo band The Promise Ring and did not participate in Owls. The band's lineup consisted of brothers Tim Kinsella and Mike Kinsella, along with guitarist Victor Villarreal and bassist Sam Zurick. Tim Kinsella and Zurick have also played together in Joan of Arc and Make Believe, and Villarreal and Zurick have played together in the instrumental-rock Ghosts and Vodka. The band dissolved in 2002. Mike Kinsella left to concentrate on his solo project, Owen. He was replaced by Ryan Rapsys. Owls recently reunited and began rehearsing in March 2012.
Discuss this OWLS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
OWLS also stands for:
- Older Wiser Ladies Society
- Older Wiser Learning Servants
- Older Wiser Learning Students
- Older Wiser Loving Seniors
- Older Wiser Lutheran Saints
... and 11 more »