What does CBBC mean in Colleges & Universities?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand CBBC in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Colleges & Universities terminology in particular.
Find a translation for CBBC in other languages:
Select another language:
What does CBBC mean?
- CBBC is one of two brand names used for the BBC's children's television strands. Today, CBBC is joined by two dedicated digital channels, launched in 2002 and using the same brands and presentation and the programme strands. CBBC is the name given to the digital channel for children aged 4–12, and also the brand used for CBBC programming and CBeebies is the digital channel for children aged under 6, and also aired its own strand on BBC One until 21 December 2012 and on BBC Two until 4 January 2013. In 2006, as part of the BBCs Creative Futures strategic review, the CBBC brand was redefined as being for children aged 6–12. A new brand for teenagers, BBC Switch, was launched in 2007 and ended in 2010, though this did not have a dedicated channel and was not part of the BBC Children's division. CBBC currently broadcasts as a 12-hour-a-day digital channel available on most UK digital platforms from 7am to 7pm. The brand was also used for the broadcast of children's programmes on BBC One until these strands were phased out at the end of 2012 and on BBC Two until these strands were also phased out at the start of 2013, as part of the BBC's "Delivering Quality First" cost-cutting initiative. CBBC programmes were also broadcast in high definition alongside other BBC content on BBC HD, generally from 3:30pm to 7pm on weekends, unless the channel was covering other events. BBC-produced children's programming, in native languages of Scotland and Wales, also airs on BBC Alba and S4C respectively.
Discuss this CBBC abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
CBBC also stands for:
- Cala Bassa Beach Club
- Callable Bull Bear Contracts
- Callable Bull/Bear Contracts
- Calvary Bible Baptist Church
- Canadian Beef Breeds Council
... and 8 more »