What does CICS mean in Meteorology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand CICS in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Meteorology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for CICS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does CICS mean?
- Customer Information Control System is a transaction server that runs primarily on IBM mainframe systems under z/OS and z/VSE. CICS is middleware designed to support rapid, high-volume online transaction processing. A CICS transaction is a unit of processing initiated by a single request that may affect one or more objects. This processing is usually interactive, but background transactions are possible. CICS provides services that extend or replace the functions of the operating system and are more efficient than the generalized services in the operating system and simpler for programmers to use, particularly with respect to communication with diverse terminal devices. Applications developed for CICS may be written in a variety of programming languages and use CICS-supplied language extensions to interact with resources such as files, database connections, terminals, or to invoke functions such as web services. CICS manages the entire transaction such that if for any reason a part of the transaction fails all recoverable changes can be backed out.
Discuss this CICS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
CICS also stands for:
- Caterpillar Information Control System
- Center for Information and Computation Security
- Center for Inner City Studies
- Communications Interface And Control System
- Computer Information Control System
... and 4 more »