What does APM mean in Hardware?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand APM in the Computing field in general and in the Hardware terminology in particular.
Find a translation for APM in other languages:
Select another language:
What does APM mean?
- Advanced Power Management
- Advanced power management is an API developed by Intel and Microsoft and released in 1992 which enables an operating system running an IBM-compatible personal computer to work with the BIOS to achieve power management. Revision 1.2 was the last version of the APM specification, released in 1996. ACPI is intended as the successor to APM. Microsoft dropped support for APM in Windows Vista. The Linux kernel still mostly supports APM, with the last fully functional APM support shipping in 3.3.
Discuss this APM abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
APM also stands for:
- A Perfect Match
- Absolute Proper Motion
- Academic Personnel Manual
- Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine
- Accounts Payable Maintenance
... and 64 more »