What does BMS mean in Physiology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand BMS in the Medical field in general and in the Physiology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for BMS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does BMS mean?
- Burning mouth syndrome
- Burning mouth syndrome is the complaint of a burning sensation in the mouth where no underlying dental or medical cause can be identified and no oral signs are found. Burning mouth syndrome may also comprise subjective xerostomia, oral paraesthesia and altered taste or smell. A burning sensation in the mouth can be a symptom of another disease when local or systemic factors are found to be implicated, and this is not considered to be burning mouth syndrome, which is a syndrome of medically unexplained symptoms. The International Association for the Study of Pain definitions of burning mouth syndrome are "a distinctive nosological entity characterized by unremitting oral burning or similar pain in the absence of detectable mucosal changes", and "burning pain in the tongue or other oral mucous membranes", and the International Headache Society definition is "an intra-oral burning sensation for which no medical or dental cause can be found".
Discuss this BMS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
BMS also stands for:
- Bachelor of Management Science
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences
- Background Measurement Satellite
... and 67 more »