What does SVCS mean in Physiology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand SVCS in the Medical field in general and in the Physiology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for SVCS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does SVCS mean?
- Superior vena cava syndrome
- Superior vena cava syndrome, or superior vena cava obstruction, is usually the result of the direct obstruction of the superior vena cava by malignancies such as compression of the vessel wall by right upper lobe tumors or thymoma and/or mediastinal lymphadenopathy. The most common malignancy that causes SVCS is bronchogenic carcinoma. Cerebral edema is rare, but if it occurs it may be fatal.
Discuss this SVCS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
SVCS also stands for:
- Caracas, Venezuela
- Saddleback Valley Christian School
- Saddleback Valley Christian Schools
- Silicon Valley Chinese School
... and 4 more »