What does GDR mean in Politics?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand GDR in the Governmental field in general and in the Politics terminology in particular.
German Democratic Republic
The name given to the East German state during its seperation from the West.
Find a translation for GDR in other languages:
Select another language:
What does GDR mean?
- East Germany, German Democratic Republic(noun)
- a republic in north central Europe on the Baltic; established by the Soviet Union in 1954; reunified with West Germany in 1990
Discuss this GDR abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
GDR also stands for:
- Game Differential Ratio
- General Distributed Release
- General Distribution Release
- Genome Database for Rosaceae
- Geophysical Data Record
... and 15 more »