What does AMBA mean in Unions?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand AMBA in the Community field in general and in the Unions terminology in particular.
Find a translation for AMBA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does AMBA mean?
- In the Hindu epic Mahabharata, Amba is the eldest daughter of the king of Kashi, who considers the Kuru prince Bhishma responsible for her misfortune and her sole goal in life becomes his destruction. During her swayamvara, Bhishma abducts her with her sisters Ambika and Ambalika, seeking the princesses for his step brother Vichitravirya, the king of Hastinapur. Amba loves another king Salva, and is permitted to go to him. However, Salva rejects her as she is spoiled by her captor's touch. An infuriated Amba blames Bhishma for ruining her life. She seeks help of the sage Parashurama to defeat Bhishma, but he fails. She then turns to asceticism and pleases the god Shiva, who grants her the boon that she will slay Bhishma in her next birth. She kills herself to hasten the fulfillment of the boon. Amba is reborn as Shikhandi and becomes the cause of Bhishma's death.
Discuss this AMBA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
AMBA also stands for:
- Accelerated Masters in Business Administration
- Advanced Microcontroler Bus Architecture
- Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture
- Advanced Multimedia Billboard Advertising
- Alberta Mortgage Brokers Association
... and 10 more »