What does INI mean in Drivers?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand INI in the Computing field in general and in the Drivers terminology in particular.
Find a translation for INI in other languages:
Select another language:
What does INI mean?
- Ini was a king at Thebes, Egypt, during the 8th century BC. Menkheperre Ini or Iny Si-Ese Meryamun was probably Rudamun's successor at Thebes but was not a member of his predecessor's 23rd Dynasty. Unlike the 23rd dynasty rulers, he was a local king who ruled only at Thebes for at least 4–5 years after the death of Rudamun. His existence was first revealed with the publication of a dated Year 5 graffito at an Egyptian temple by Helen Jacquet-Gordon in 1979. Prior to 1989, he was conventionally attested by only three documents: ⁕Graffito No. 11 which dates to Year 5 III Shemu day 10 of an "Iny Si-Ese Meryamun" on the roof of Khonsu Temple; ⁕A bronze plaque in Durham University which preserves his nomen: "Son of Re Iny"; and ⁕A shard from Abydos. Then in 1989, Jean Yoyotte published an important new study on Ini/Iny's reign in a CRIPEL 11 paper. Below is a partial English summary of his article by Chris Bennett: Yoyotte's proposed identification of Menkheperre as the prenomen of King Ini/Iny, was based on his examination of the surviving traces of this king's nomen in the Louvre stela which he believed conformed better with the name Iny than the Nubian Dynasty 25 ruler Piy/Piye. His arguments here are today accepted by virtually all Egyptologists including Jürgen von Beckerath in the latter's 1999 book on royal Egyptian king's names.
Discuss this INI abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
INI also stands for:
- Illinois Neurological Institute
- Information Networking Institute
- Initialization file
- Inspiration Network International
- Institut National d'Informatique
... and 10 more »