What does CALS mean in File Extensions?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand CALS in the Computing field in general and in the File Extensions terminology in particular.
Find a translation for CALS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does CALS mean?
- CALS is a United States Department of Defence initiative for electronically capturing military documentation and linking related information. The initiative has developed a number of standard specifications for the exchange of electronic data with commercial suppliers. These standards are often referred to as simply "CALS". CALS standards have been adopted by several other allied nations. The CALS initiative has endorsed IGES and STEP as formats for digital data. CALS includes standards for electronic data interchange, electronic technical documentation, and guidelines for process improvement. ⁕The CALS Table Model is a DTD standard for representing tables in SGML/XML. ⁕The CALS Raster file format was developed in the mid-1980s to standardize on graphics data interchange for electronic publishing for the federal government. CALS was known formerly as Computer-aided Acquisition and Logistic Support.
Discuss this CALS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
CALS also stands for:
- Cafe Au Lait Spots
- cafe-au-lait spots
- California Academy for Liberal Studies
- Canadian Association For Leisure Studies
- carbonic anhydrase like sequence
... and 17 more »
Nearby & related abbreviations:
- Search Bitmap graphics (Computer Aided Acquisition and Logistics Support) on Amazon
- Search Bitmap graphics (Computer Aided Acquisition and Logistics Support) on Google