What does IGES mean in File Extensions?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand IGES in the Computing field in general and in the File Extensions terminology in particular.
Find a translation for IGES in other languages:
Select another language:
What does IGES mean?
- The Initial Graphics Exchange Specification is a file format which defines a vendor neutral data format that allows the digital exchange of information among Computer-aided design systems. The official title of IGES is Digital Representation for Communication of Product Definition Data, first published in January, 1980 by the U.S. National Bureau of Standards as NBSIR 80-1978. Many documents referred to it as ASME Y14.26M, the designation of the ANSI committee that approved IGES Version 1.0. Using IGES, a CAD user can exchange product data models in the form of circuit diagrams, wireframe, freeform surface or solid modeling representations. Applications supported by IGES include traditional engineering drawings, models for analysis, and other manufacturing functions.
Discuss this IGES abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
IGES also stands for:
- A Integrated Graphics Exchange Specification
- For Initial Graphics Exchange Specification
- Initial Graphic Exchange Specifications
- Initial Graphics Exchange Service
- Initial Graphics Exchange Specification
... and 14 more »
Nearby & related abbreviations:
- Search 2D or 3D CAD model (Initial Graphics Exchange Specification format) on Amazon.com
- Search 2D or 3D CAD model (Initial Graphics Exchange Specification format) on Google