What does AOCE mean in General?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand AOCE in the Computing field in general and in the General terminology in particular.
Find a translation for AOCE in other languages:
Select another language:
What does AOCE mean?
- Apple Open Collaboration Environment
- Apple Open Collaboration Environment, or AOCE, was a collection of messaging-related technologies introduced for the Mac OS in the early 1990s. It included the PowerTalk mail engine, which was the primary client-side interface to the system; the PowerShare mail server for workgroup installations; and a number of additional technologies such as Open Directory, encryption and digital signature support. AOCE/PowerTalk was heavily marketed between 1993 and 1995, but the hardware requirements meant that most users couldn't even install it, let alone use it. Developers were likewise stymied by the complex system, and since the installed base was so small their potential sales were even smaller. In 1996 Apple Computer quietly dropped their efforts to market AOCE, and the project quickly disappeared.
Discuss this AOCE abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
AOCE also stands for:
- Academic Outreach and Continuing Education
- Alpha-Omega Change Engineering
- Asia Oceania Congress of Endocrinology
- Aspect Oriented Component Engineering
- Association of Oregon Corrections Employees
... and 1 more »