What does ESDS mean in General?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ESDS in the Computing field in general and in the General terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ESDS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ESDS mean?
- Entry Sequenced Data Set
- An Entry Sequenced Data Set is a type of data set used by the VSAM computer data storage system. Records are accessed based on their sequential order, that is, the order in which they were written to the file; which means that accessing a particular record involves searching all the records sequentially until it is located, or by using a relative physical address, i.e. the number of bytes from the beginning of the file to start reading. Keys may be used to access records in an RRDS by defining an alternate index.
Discuss this ESDS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ESDS also stands for:
- Economic And Social Data Service
- Economic And Social Data Services
- Effective Software Development Series
- Electronic Sample Documentation System
- Elementary School Day Study
... and 4 more »