What does IFF mean in General?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand IFF in the Computing field in general and in the General terminology in particular.
Find a translation for IFF in other languages:
Select another language:
What does IFF mean?
- Interchange File Format
- Interchange File Format, is a generic container file format originally introduced by the Electronic Arts company in 1985 in order to ease transfer of data between software produced by different companies. IFF files do not have any standard extension. On many systems that generate IFF files, file extensions are not important. An .iff extension is commonly used for ILBM format files, which use the IFF container format. Resource Interchange File Format is a format developed by Microsoft and IBM in 1991 that is based on IFF, except the byte order has been change to little endian to match the x86 processor architecture. Apple Computer's AIFF is a big endian audio file format developed from IFF. The TIFF image file format is unrelated.
Discuss this IFF abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
IFF also stands for:
- Bitmap graphics or sound (Amiga IFF/8SVX Interchange File Format)
- Commodore Amiga Image format
- I Ff Ff
- Identification Friend or Foe
- Identification Of Friend Or Foe
... and 31 more »