What does CDFS mean in Meteorology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand CDFS in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Meteorology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for CDFS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does CDFS mean?
- CDfs is a virtual Linux file system that provides access to individual data and audio tracks on Compact Discs. A Compact Disc mounted with the "CDfs" driver appears as a collection of files, each representing a single track. It supports the following track types: Red Book CD-DA audio: Appears as a WAV file; reading from it will start DAE ripping. White Book VCD or SVCD video: Appears as a playable MPEG-1 file containing audio and video streams. Yellow Book CD-ROM data: Apple HFS: Appears as a mountable HFS file system image. ISO 9660: Each session appears as a mountable ISO image file. El Torito boot File: Appears as a single bootable disk image file. CDfs is not included in the mainline Linux kernel, but is instead distributed as GPL-licensed source package used to create driver modules for a Linux kernel from 2.4 or 2.6-series. It can also be embedded into custom Linux kernel source package to appear among mainline file systems. In Plan 9 from Bell Labs, cdfs, is a 9P user-space server that operates similarly, presenting a Compact Disc as a directory of numbered files corresponding to disc tracks. Plan 9 cdfs, however, additionally allows disc recording.
Discuss this CDFS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
CDFS also stands for:
- Capital District Fencing School
- Chandra Deep Field South
- child development and family services
- Child Development and Family Studies
- Child Development for Family System
... and 10 more »