What does AMSC mean in NASDAQ Symbols?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand AMSC in the Business field in general and in the NASDAQ Symbols terminology in particular.
Find a translation for AMSC in other languages:
Select another language:
What does AMSC mean?
- AMSC offers an array of proprietary technologies and solutions spanning the electric power infrastructure " from generation to delivery to end use. Skills include alternative energy, providing proven, megawatt-scale wind turbine designs and electrical control systems. The company also offers a number of Smart Grid technologies for power grid operators that enhance the reliability, efficiency and capacity of the grid, and integrate renewable energy sources into the power infrastructure. These include superconductor power cable systems, grid-level surge protectors and power electronics-based voltage stabilization systems. AMSC ™s technologies are protected by a broad and deep intellectual property portfolio consisting of hundreds of patents and licenses worldwide.AMSC is the world’s principal vendor of high temperature superconductor wire and large rotating superconductor machinery and a world-leading supplier of dynamic reactive power grid stabilization products. AMSC’s HTS wire and power electronic converters are at the core of a broad range of new electricity transmission and distribution, transportation and industrial processing applications. The company is headquartered in Devens, Massachusetts, USA.
Discuss this AMSC abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
AMSC also stands for:
- Acquisition Method Suffix Code
- American Mobile Satellite Corporation
- Army Management Staff College
- Army Medical Specialist Corps
... see them all »