What does MRA mean in Transportation?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand MRA in the Governmental field in general and in the Transportation terminology in particular.
Find a translation for MRA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does MRA mean?
- Minimum reception altitude
- In aviation, minimum reception altitude is the lowest altitude on an airway segment where an aircraft can be assured of receiving signals from navigation aids like VOR or NDB. Typically, the greater the distance between navigation aids, the higher the MRA. MRA is becoming less important with the availability of GPS satellite navigation, which allows aircraft to get navigational guidance all the way down to the ground.
Discuss this MRA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
MRA also stands for:
- Madison Ridgeland Academy
- Magnetic resonance
- Magnetic Resonance Analyser
- Magnetic Resonance Analyzer
- Magnetic Resonance Angiogram
... and 45 more »