What does SIRS mean in Physiology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand SIRS in the Medical field in general and in the Physiology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for SIRS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does SIRS mean?
- Systemic inflammatory response syndrome
- Systemic inflammatory response syndrome is an inflammatory state affecting the whole body, frequently a response of the immune system to infection, but not necessarily so. It is related to sepsis, a condition in which individuals both meet criteria for SIRS and have a known or highly suspected infection.
Discuss this SIRS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
SIRS also stands for:
- Safesite Internet Records System
- Scalable Internet Resource Service
- Schizophrenia International Research Society
- School Improvement Research Series
- Securities Information Retrieval Service
... and 17 more »