What does RRT mean in Hospitals?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand RRT in the Medical field in general and in the Hospitals terminology in particular.
Find a translation for RRT in other languages:
Select another language:
What does RRT mean?
- Renal replacement therapy
- Renal replacement therapy is a term used to encompass life-supporting treatments for renal failure. It includes: ⁕hemodialysis, ⁕peritoneal dialysis, ⁕hemofiltration and ⁕renal transplantation. These treatments will not cure chronic kidney disease. In the context of chronic kidney disease, they are to be regarded as life-extending treatments. In certain acute conditions or injuries resulting in failure, a person who likewise had a good response to dialysis, who got a kidney relatively quickly if indicated- and whose body did not reject the transplanted compatible kidney- and who has no other significant health problems, could very well survive for many years, with relatively good kidney function, before needing intervention again. Early dialysis in acute renal failure usually brings more favorable outcomes. It may even bring resolution of renal failure in some acute cases, though it would be very unusual for a person to regain total or near-total kidney function- usually some degree of impairment remains.
Discuss this RRT abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
RRT also stands for:
- Department of Resource Recreation and Tourism, University of Idaho
- radical radiation therapy
- Radio Reconnaissance Technologies
- Raider Regional Transit
... and 31 more »