What does IAH mean in Texting?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand IAH in the Computing field in general and in the Texting terminology in particular.
Find a translation for IAH in other languages:
Select another language:
What does IAH mean?
- Iah is a god of the moon in ancient Egyptian religion. His name simply means moon. By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities. He was sometimes considered an adult form of Khonsu, and was increasingly absorbed by him. Iah continued to appear in amulets and occasional other representations, similar to Khonsu in appearance, with the same lunar symbols on his head and occasionally the same tight garments. He differed in usually wearing a full wig instead of a child's sidelock, and sometimes an Atef crown topped by another symbol. As time went on, Iah also became Iah-Djuhty, meaning "god of the new moon." Iah was also assimilated with Osiris, god of the dead, perhaps because, in its monthly cycle, the moon appears to renew itself. Iah also seems to have assumed the lunar aspect of Thoth, god of knowledge, writing and calculation; the segments of the moon were used as fractional symbols in writing. One queen was called Iah.
Discuss this IAH abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
IAH also stands for:
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston, Texas. USA.
- Houston Hobby Intercontinental Airport, Houston, Texas USA
- Houston Intercontinental Airport
- In All Honesty
- Institute for Animal Health
... and 7 more »