What does EMACS mean in Funnies?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand EMACS in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Funnies terminology in particular.
Find a translation for EMACS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does EMACS mean?
- A particular visual or WYSIWYG text editor (first written by Richard Stallman in 1975 but since reimplemented by others in several distinct versions), distinguished by its use of control characters as editing commands, by its lack of distinct "insert" and "edit" modes, and by its featurefulness and extensibility.
Discuss this EMACS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
EMACS also stands for:
- Easily Mangles Aborts Crashes And Stupifies
- Editor MACroS
- Eight Megs And Constantly Swapping
- Eight Megs And Continuously Swapping
- Eighty Megs And Constantly Swapping
... and 11 more »