What does NPI mean in FDA?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand NPI in the Governmental field in general and in the FDA terminology in particular.
Find a translation for NPI in other languages:
Select another language:
What does NPI mean?
- National Provider Identifier
- A National Provider Identifier or NPI is a unique 10-digit identification number issued to health care providers in the United States by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The NPI has replaced the unique provider identification number as the required identifier for Medicare services, and is used by other payers, including commercial healthcare insurers. The transition to the NPI was mandated as part of the Administrative Simplifications portion of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and CMS began issuing NPIs in October 2006.
Discuss this NPI abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
NPI also stands for:
- Narcissistic Personality Inventory
- National Park Institute
- National Photonics Initiative
- National Preservation Institute
- National Procurement Institute
... and 27 more »