What does MRE mean in FDA?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand MRE in the Governmental field in general and in the FDA terminology in particular.
Find a translation for MRE in other languages:
Select another language:
What does MRE mean?
- Meal, Ready-to-Eat
- The Meal, Ready-to-Eat – commonly known as the MRE – is a self-contained, individual field ration in lightweight packaging bought by the United States military for its service members for use in combat or other field conditions where organized food facilities are not available. The MRE replaced the canned MCI, or Meal, Combat, Individual rations, in 1981 and is the intended successor to the lighter LRP ration developed by the United States Army for Special Forces and Ranger patrol units in Vietnam.
Discuss this MRE abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
MRE also stands for:
- A Military Ration Envelope
- Many Regurgitated Entrees
- Mapping, Reporting, and Engineering
- Mara Lodges, Kenya
- Maritime Republic of Eastport
... and 26 more »