What does CILO mean in Military?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand CILO in the Governmental field in general and in the Military terminology in particular.
Find a translation for CILO in other languages:
Select another language:
What does CILO mean?
- Cilo was a Swiss manufacturer of bicycles that filed for bankruptcy in 2002. The bicycles were produced on the shores of Lake Geneva in Romanel-sur-Lausanne in the Vaud canton. "Cilo" is an acronym for Charles Jan Lausanne-Oron. The abbreviation of the name from the manufacturer "Jan" was transformed in "i" for pronunciation purpose in French. "Lausanne-Oron" refers to a holding in Lausanne, associated to the industrialisation of the city at the turn of the 20th century. Hans Knecht was world champion in 1946 riding a Cilo bicycle; other notable riders include Beat Breu, Daniel Gisiger and Tony Rominger. Cilo co-sponsored a European cycling team along with Atari and Ciclolinea in 1992. The Cilo of the mid-1970s was a beautifully crafted racing bicycle made of Reynolds 531 with the typical Swiss attention to detail. It had chromed forks, drop-outs and rear stays. Also all lugs were beautifully chromed and polished. Only the finest components were used. These included full 'top of the line' Campagnolo: although Campy brakes were an option. Brooks saddle, Cinelli road bars and stem, Christophe clips and straps were provided. Silk tubulars mounted on Cerchio Fiamme rims were standard.
Discuss this CILO abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
CILO also stands for:
- Center for Independent Living Options
- Coalition for Independent Living Options
- Collection of Interior and Lifestyle Originals
- Consortium of Indigenous Language Organizations
- Current Induced Local Oxidation
... see them all »