What does IMET mean in Military?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand IMET in the Governmental field in general and in the Military terminology in particular.
Find a translation for IMET in other languages:
Select another language:
What does IMET mean?
- International Military Education and Training
- International Military Education and Training is the title of a United States security assistance program, a type of student exchange program. The policies underlying this program are directed by the United States Department of State's Bureau of Political-Military Affairs and the constituent projects are administered by the United States Department of Defense. Projects under this program include, but are not limited to, invitations for officers from foreign countries to attend various military schools in the United States, such as the U.S. Army War College or the National Defense University, as well as providing funding for trainers to travel to foreign countries to provide specific, localized training. Topics of instruction are varied and range from English language classes to familiarization training with human rights concepts and the law of war. A complete list of topics varies by year, and may encompass several hundred distinct courses.
Discuss this IMET abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
IMET also stands for:
- Improved METeorological Instrumentation
- International Military Educational Training
- International Military Exchange Training
... see them all »