What does NSSE mean in Military?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand NSSE in the Governmental field in general and in the Military terminology in particular.
Find a translation for NSSE in other languages:
Select another language:
What does NSSE mean?
- National Special Security Event
- A National Special Security Event is an event of national or international significance deemed by the United States Department of Homeland Security to be a potential target for terrorism or other criminal activity. These events have included summits of world leaders, meetings of international organizations, presidential nominating conventions and presidential inaugurations. NSSE designation requires federal agencies to provide full cooperation and support to ensure the safety and security of those participating in or otherwise attending the event, and the community within which the event takes place, and is typically limited to specific event sites for a specified time frame. An NSSE puts the United States Secret Service in charge of event security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation in charge of intelligence, counter terrorism, hostage rescue and investigation of incidents of terrorism or other major criminal activities associated with the NSSE, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency in charge of recovery management in the aftermath of terrorist or other major criminal incidents, natural disasters or other catastrophic events. NSSE designation is not a funding mechanism, and currently there is no specific federal "pot of money" to be distributed to state and local governments within whose jurisdiction NSSEs take place.
Discuss this NSSE abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
NSSE also stands for:
- National Society for the Study of Education
- National Special Security Events
- National Study of School Evaluation
- National Survey of Student Engagement
- New Supply Shared Equity
... and 1 more »