What does VX mean in Military?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand VX in the Governmental field in general and in the Military terminology in particular.
Find a translation for VX in other languages:
Select another language:
What does VX mean?
- VX, IUPAC name O-ethyl S-[2-ethyl] methylphosphonothioate, is an extremely toxic substance that has no known uses except in chemical warfare as a nerve agent. As a chemical weapon, it is classified as a weapon of mass destruction by the United Nations in UN Resolution 687. The production and stockpiling of VX was outlawed by the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993. The VX nerve agent is the best-known of the V-series of nerve agents and is considered an area denial weapon due to its physical properties.
Discuss this VX abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
VX also stands for:
- Air Test and Evaluation Squadron
- Best angle of climb Velocity
- Naval Air Testing Squadron
- Tata Safari VX car
- Vaccine for cat or dog
... and 6 more »
Nearby & related abbreviations:
- Search Nerve Agent (O-Ethyl S-Di-IsopropylAminomethyl MethylPhosphonoThiolate) on Amazon.com
- Search Nerve Agent (O-Ethyl S-Di-IsopropylAminomethyl MethylPhosphonoThiolate) on Google