What does BES mean in Schools?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand BES in the Community field in general and in the Schools terminology in particular.
Find a translation for BES in other languages:
Select another language:
What does BES mean?
- Bes is an Ancient Egyptian deity worshipped as a protector of households, and in particular, of mothers and children and childbirth. Bes later came to be regarded as the defender of everything good and the enemy of all that is bad. While past studies identified Bes as a Middle Kingdom import from Nubia, more recent research indicates that he was present in Egypt since the start of Old Kingdom. Mentions of Bes can be traced to pre-dynastic Nile Valley cultures; however his cult did not become widespread until the beginning of the New Kingdom.
Discuss this BES abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
BES also stands for:
- Bachelor Of Electronic Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies
- Bachelors of Environmental Studies
- Back End Scaler
... and 20 more »