What does UPD mean in Hospitals?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand UPD in the Medical field in general and in the Hospitals terminology in particular.
Find a translation for UPD in other languages:
Select another language:
What does UPD mean?
- Uniparental disomy
- Uniparental disomy occurs when a person receives two copies of a chromosome, or of part of a chromosome, from one parent and no copies from the other parent. UPD can be the result of heterodisomy, in which a pair of non-identical chromosomes are inherited from one parent or isodisomy, in which a single chromosome from one parent is duplicated. Because it may lead to the duplication of lethal recessive genes, isodisomy is potentially dangerous, while heterodisomy is essentially benign.
Discuss this UPD abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
UPD also stands for:
- Unanimous Public Disorder
- Underwater Propulsion Device
- Unidad Popular por la Paz, Democracia, Desarrollo y Derechos Humanos
- Union for the Public Domain
- Unión Popular Democrática
... and 13 more »