What does AFK mean in Community?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand AFK in the field in general and in the Community terminology in particular.
Away From Kitchen
Find a translation for AFK in other languages:
Select another language:
What does AFK mean?
- [MUD] Abbrev. for “Away From Keyboard”. Used to notify others that you will be momentarily unavailable online. eg. “Let's not go kill that frost giant yet, I need to go AFK to make a phone call”. Often MUDs will have a command to politely inform others of your absence when they try to talk with you. The term is not restricted to MUDs, however, and has become common in many chat situations, from IRC to Unix talk.
Discuss this AFK abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
AFK also stands for:
- A Free Kick
- A Free Kill computer game
- Ammunition Factory, Khadki
- Anderson, Flesher, and Key
- Application Framework Kit
... and 4 more »