What does HSE mean in Occupation & Positions?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand HSE in the Business field in general and in the Occupation & Positions terminology in particular.
Find a translation for HSE in other languages:
Select another language:
What does HSE mean?
- Health and Safety Executive
- The Health and Safety Executive is a non-departmental public body of the United Kingdom with its headquarters in Liverpool, England. It is the body responsible for the encouragement, regulation and enforcement of workplace health, safety and welfare, and for research into occupational risks in England and Wales and Scotland. Responsibility in Northern Ireland lies with the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland. The HSE was created by the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and has since absorbed earlier regulatory bodies such as the Factory Inspectorate and the Railway Inspectorate though the Railway Inspectorate was transferred to the Office of Rail Regulation in April 2006. The HSE is sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions. As part of its work HSE investigates industrial accidents, small and large, including major incidents such as the explosion and fire at Buncefield in 2005. Though it formerly reported to the Health and Safety Commission, on 1 April 2008, the two bodies merged.
Discuss this HSE abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
HSE also stands for:
- H S Resources, Inc.
- haemorrhagic shock encephalopathy
- Hard Sphere Expansion
- Harmony School of Excellence
- Headquarters Support Element
... and 33 more »