What does KSU mean in Colleges & Universities?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand KSU in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Colleges & Universities terminology in particular.
Find a translation for KSU in other languages:
Select another language:
What does KSU mean?
- Kent State University
- Kent State University is a public research university located in Kent, Ohio, United States. The university has eight campuses around the Northeast Ohio region with the main campus in Kent being the largest. Other campuses are located in Ashtabula, Burton, East Liverpool, Jackson Township, New Philadelphia, Salem, and Warren, Ohio. As of September 2012, Kent State is one of the largest universities in Ohio with an enrollment of 42,513 students in the eight-campus system and 28,806 students at the main campus in Kent. It is ranked by the Carnegie Foundation as one of the top 77 public research universities in the US and one of the top 76 in community engagement. In 2010, Kent State was ranked as one of the top 200 universities in the world by Times Higher Education. Kent State offers over 300 degree programs, among them 250 baccalaureate, 40 associate's, 50 master's, and 23 doctoral programs of study, which include such notable programs as nursing, liquid crystals, business, history, library science, aeronautics, journalism and fashion design. The university was established in 1910 as the Kent State Normal School as a teacher-training school. The first classes were held in 1912 at various locations and in temporary buildings in Kent. Since then, the university has grown to include many additional baccalaureate and graduate programs of study in the arts and sciences, research opportunities, as well as over 1,000 acres and 119 buildings on the Kent campus. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, the university was known internationally for its student activism in opposition to US involvement in the Vietnam war, due mainly to the events of May 4, 1970.
Discuss this KSU abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
KSU also stands for:
- Kansas City Southern Industries, Inc.
- Kansas State University
- Kansas State University's
- Kennesaw State University
- Kentucky State University
... and 11 more »