GARA is an abbreviation for:
Find a translation for GARA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does GARA mean?
- Gara is a bilingual newspaper published in the city of San Sebastián in the Basque Autonomous Community. The newspaper's target market comprises the area of the Basque Country, while it largely constrains to South territory on account of the languages used. Gara has 130,000 readers by its own account, and was first published on 30 January 1999 as successor to the leftist and pro-separatist newspaper Egin, which had been made illegal on 15 July 1998 by the noted prosecuting judge Baltasar Garzón, with the case still pending trial in 2008. On 12 March 2004 it became known that someone had communicated with Gara in the name of ETA, denying any ETA involvement in the March 11, 2004 Madrid attacks. ETA usually give notice in advance to Gara of the location of the explosive devices that the organization has set up.
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
GARA also stands for:
- General Aviation Revitalization Act
- Georgia Automotive Recyclers Association
- Globus Architecture for Reservation and Allocation
- Greek Australian Research Archives
... see them all »