What does WEF mean in Non-Profit Organizations?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand WEF in the Community field in general and in the Non-Profit Organizations terminology in particular.
Find a translation for WEF in other languages:
Select another language:
What does WEF mean?
- World Economic Forum
- The World Economic Forum is a Swiss nonprofit foundation, based in Cologny, Geneva. It describes itself as an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas. The forum is best known for its annual winter meeting in Davos, a mountain resort in Graubünden, in the eastern Alps region of Switzerland. The meeting brings together some 2,500 top business leaders, international political leaders, selected intellectuals, and journalists to discuss the most pressing issues facing the world, including health and the environment. Often this location alone is used to identify meetings, participation, and participants with such phrases as, "a Davos panel" and "a Davos Man" The organization also convenes some six to eight regional meetings each year in locations such as Latin America and East Asia, as well as undertaking two further annual meetings in China and the United Arab Emirates. Beside meetings, the foundation produces a series of research reports and engages its members in sector specific initiatives.
Discuss this WEF abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
WEF also stands for:
- Water Environment Federation
- Welding Extravagances Of Fort
- Wellesley Education Foundation
- Wellington, Florida
- Western Forest Products Inc.
... and 13 more »