What does PEMS mean in Physiology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand PEMS in the Medical field in general and in the Physiology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for PEMS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does PEMS mean?
- Poult Enteritis Mortality Syndrome
- An acute, transmissible, infectious disease associated with high MORTALITY and MORBIDITY in young turkeys (poults). It is characterized by DIARRHEA; ANOREXIA; growth depression, and immune dysfunction. The cause is unknown but astroviruses (AVASTROVIRUS) and coronaviruses (CORONAVIRUS, TURKEY) have been isolated from diseased poults and are thought to cause the enteritis and increased susceptibility to bacterial infections.
Discuss this PEMS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
PEMS also stands for:
- Paris Evangelical Missionary Society
- Patient Evaluation Management Service
- Patient Evaluation Management Services
- Patient Evaluation Management System
- Percutaneous Electrical Muscle Stimulator
... and 23 more »