What does SAE mean in Transportation?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand SAE in the Governmental field in general and in the Transportation terminology in particular.
Find a translation for SAE in other languages:
Select another language:
What does SAE mean?
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- SAE International, formerly the Society of Automotive Engineers, is a U.S.-based, globally active professional association and standards organization for engineering professionals in various industries. Principal emphasis is placed on transport industries such as automotive, aerospace, and commercial vehicles. The Society coordinates the development of technical standards based on best practices identified and described by SAE committees and task forces. Task forces are composed of engineering professionals from relevant fields. SAE International has over 120,000 members globally. Membership is granted to individuals, not through companies. Aside from its standardization efforts, SAE International also devotes resources to projects and programs in STEM education, professional certification, and collegiate design competitions.
Discuss this SAE abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
SAE also stands for:
- Safety of Automotive Equipment
- Sales, Administration, Editorial
- Scale Auto Enthusiast
- School of Audio Engineering
- Science, Aeronautics, and Exploration
... and 41 more »