What does MTA mean in Transportation?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand MTA in the Governmental field in general and in the Transportation terminology in particular.
Find a translation for MTA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does MTA mean?
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is a public benefit corporation responsible for public transportation in the U.S. state of New York, serving 12 counties in southeastern New York, along with two counties in southwestern Connecticut under contract to the Connecticut Department of Transportation, carrying over 11 million passengers on an average weekday systemwide, and over 800,000 vehicles on its seven toll bridges and two tunnels per weekday.
Discuss this MTA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
MTA also stands for:
- Maden Tetkik Ve Arama Genel MüDüRlüGü
- Magnetic Torquer Assembly
- Magyar Tavkozlesi Rights
- Magyar Tudományos Akadémia (Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- Mail Transfer Agent
... and 75 more »