What does IBT mean in Unions?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand IBT in the Community field in general and in the Unions terminology in particular.
International Brotherhood of Teamsters
is often used as an Acronym by ( ibt ) Teamsters members who are disillusioned by the current union leadership or lack there of.
Find a translation for IBT in other languages:
Select another language:
What does IBT mean?
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- The International Brotherhood of Teamsters is a labor union in the United States and Canada. Formed in 1903 by the merger of several local and regional locals of teamsters, the union now represents a diverse membership of blue-collar and professional workers in both the public and private sectors. The union had approximately 1.3 million members in 2011. Formerly known as the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen and Helpers of America, the IBT is a member of the Change to Win Federation and Canadian Labour Congress.
Discuss this IBT abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
IBT also stands for:
- Illinois Business Tax
- Inclined Bed Therapy
- Information Business Technology
- Institute for Business Technology
- Institute of Biosciences and Technology
... and 21 more »