What does IED mean in Physiology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand IED in the Medical field in general and in the Physiology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for IED in other languages:
Select another language:
What does IED mean?
- Intermittent explosive disorder
- Intermittent explosive disorder is a behavioral disorder characterized by extreme expressions of anger, often to the point of uncontrollable rage, that are disproportionate to the situation at hand. Impulsive aggression is unpremeditated, and is defined by a disproportionate reaction to any provocation, real or perceived. Some individuals have reported affective changes prior to an outburst. The disorder is currently categorized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders under the "Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders" category. The disorder itself is not easily characterized and often exhibits comorbidity with other mood disorders, particularly bipolar disorder. Individuals diagnosed with IED report their outbursts as being brief, with a variety of bodily symptoms reported by a third of one sample. Aggressive acts are frequently reported accompanied by a sensation of relief and in some cases pleasure, but often followed by later remorse.
Discuss this IED abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
IED also stands for:
- Distributed Intelligent Electronic Device
- Improvised Explosion Device
- Improvised Explosive Device
- Improvised Explosive Devices
- Individual Explosive Destruction
... and 21 more »