Copyrights and Trademarks
- All materials contained on the Web Site (unless specifically specified otherwise) are Copyright 2021, STANDS4 LLC. All rights reserved.
- No person is authorized to use, copy or distribute any portion the Web Site including related graphics.
- STANDS4 LLC and other trademarks and/or service marks (including logos and designs) found on the Web Site are trademarks/service marks that identify STANDS4 LLC and the goods and/or services provided by STANDS4 LLC. Such marks may not be used under any circumstances without the prior written authorization of STANDS4 LLC.
- You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content of this site, in whole or in part.
- This website is protected from content theft by both passive and active components. Any copyright infringements of the website content and other copyrighted material will result in prosecution according to the international copyright law and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA).
Contributions to the Web Site
Where you are invited to submit any contribution to the Web Site (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant STANDS4 LLC a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant to STANDS4 LLC the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution.
You are solely responsible for any content you publish on the Web Site, and the consequences of publishing such content. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless STANDS4 LLC, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, costs, liabilities, damages, judgments, penalties, interest and expenses arising out or relating to any intellectual property or proprietary rights by any content or other information you publish to the Web Site.
To the extent you own rights in any content you publish on the Web Site, such rights shall remain yours solely and exclusively.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
STANDS4 LLC may provide hyperlinks to third-party web sites as a convenience to users of the Web Site. STANDS4 LLC, LLC does not control third-party web sites and is not responsible for the contents of any linked-to, third-party web sites or any hyperlink in a linked-to web site. STANDS4 LLC does not endorse, recommend or approve any third-party web site hyperlinked from the Web Site. STANDS4 LLC will have no liability to any entity for the content or use of the content available through such a hyperlink.
No Representations or Warranties; Limitations on Liability
The information and materials on the Web Site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information contained herein. STANDS4 LLC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR GRAPHICS ON THE WEB SITE, ALL OF WHICH IS PROVIDED ON A STRICTLY "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR GRAPHICS ON THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE SITE OWNER OR PUBLISHER BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF RECOVERY, AT LAW OR IN EQUITY, FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE OR LOST PROFITS), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY MANNER CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF INFORMATION OR SERVICES, OR THE FAILURE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION OR SERVICES, FROM THE WEB SITE.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify STANDS4's copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA"). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit STANDS4 to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following address:
Attn: DMCA Notice
Company: STANDS4, LLC.
Address: 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, DE 19958
Or the following email address: email@example.com
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying STANDS4 and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with STANDS4's rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, STANDS4 has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at STANDS4's sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. STANDS4 may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Third party content
Some of the content that appears in our definitions and synonyms sections derives from WordNet®, a project of Princeton University [license].
Some of the content that appears in our definitions and synonyms sections derives from GCIDE, a Collaborative International Dictionary of English [license].
The content of the zip code general information is obtained from the U.S. Census Bureau and the public schools data is derived from the U.S. Dept. of Education - National Center for Education Statistics.
The images presented for dictionary definitions, synonyms and quote authors are obtained from Google™ images.
Some of the authors' biographies on our quotation pages is derived from Wikipedia [license].
Some of the phrases and idioms were taken from the WIKIMEDIA project: Wiktionary [license].
The German synonyms provided on Synonyms.com are from the OpenThesaurus project using the LGPL licence.
The rhyming dictionary is based primarily on the Carnegie Mellon University Pronouncing Dictionary project CMUdict.
Most of the biographies on Biographies.net are derived from Freebase - CC-BY License.
The scripts available on the Scripts.com website are provided for informational and educational fair-use purposes only.
STANDS4 LLC uses Youtube's API to display videos on certain pages, therefore by using our websites, you agree to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service available at the following URL address: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms.
The sign language icons were created by Stephanie Leeson from Noun Project.